There are times when a gal just wants chocolate. Deep, rich, dense chocolate. When that happens it’s time to make this cake. O.M.G. Right?
It’s been awhile since I tied on my apron and baked because I’ve been busy, busy, busy writing and tackling spring cleaning. On Sunday afternoon I decided I needed a treat. But just not any treat. I wanted something decadent. I wanted something that I usually don’t bake, after all I was viewing this as a reward. Chocolate and decadent. Hmm…Flourless Chocolate Cake. Perfect!
One of the reasons, other than tasting amazeballs (sorry, I’ve always wanted to write that into a sentence 🙂 ) it’s perfect for portion control because you just need a small slice to satisfy your craving. See, it’s a perfect dessert.
Ready to dig in? First, you need to bake it and it’s really a quick recipe. So lets get baking.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 12 cup cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar or whipped cream and fresh berries, optional.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch Springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to mircowave in 15 second increments, until butter and chocolate chips are melted. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs. Add melted chocolate and whisk to combine. Stir in cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for ten minutes on cooling rack and then release the side of the pan.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream and berries.