It’s the middle of the week and I think it’s a perfect time to share one of my favorite go-to snacks. I love these Oatmeal Raisin bars because they’re healthy and they’re easy to make. I used to reach for those protein bars and then those other “nice” bars (you know the ones I talking about) and various other bars for my mid-morning snack with a cup of tea. Then I got to a point where I realized some of those bars are just as bad as a candy bar. Go ahead, read some of those labels. And the other bars while they have real foods in them (don’t get me started on the ingredients that I can’t pronounce in packaged foods) I found them to be held together by something gooey and sugary and I didn’t like the taste or texture. Ugh. So I now make my own bars. And today’s recipe is an Oatmeal Raisin bar that is easy, fast and flexible. Best of all, you know exactly what you’re putting into the bar.
When I’m in the mood a little chocolate, I had a handful of chips to the batter. When I want to take the bars up a notch I substitute the raisins with dried cherries and add in dark chocolate chips. Like the bars as is but like and added kick of cinnamon, then sprinkle a little extra. You really can’t do anything wrong to this recipe.
Ready for the recipe?
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- – Spray 8″x8″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- – In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- – Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake approximately 24-30 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through.
- – Cool completely in the pan then cut into squares.
- The amount of squares depends on how large you cut them.