Let the countdown begin! In eight months The Uninvited Corpse will be released. Pinch me. 🙂 I thought we’d have a little tasty fun with the countdown. So today it’s all about chocolate cupcakes, which I love, love, love.
These cupcakes are so easy to make that you’ll never be tempted to reach for a box mix again. I know I’m not. This recipe can also make a heavenly chocolate cake. Ready to bake? Awesome!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large whole eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- – Preheat oven to 35 degrees. Line two standard 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- - Into the bowl of an electric mixer, sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking
- powder, and salt. Attach bowl to mixer fitted with paddle attachments; add the eggs and yolk,
- then the milk, oil, vanilla and warm water. Beat on low speed until smooth and combined,
- about 3 minutes; scrape down sides of the bowl as needed.
- – Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- – Bake until a cake tester inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, about 20 –minutes.
- – Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool then frost.