Show of hands. Who else is excited that it’s officially fall? I have two hands waving in the air (like I don’t care 🙂 ). This is my favorite season. Love, love, love it. Probably what I love most is the coziest of the season.
1. Warm, snuggly scarves. The first chill of the season sends me reaching for a scarf. I love them!
2. Hot apple cider. Fill up that mug and sink down into a deep chair by a fire. Perfection.
3. Finding the perfect pumpkin. Or pumpkins. I’m really into the white pumpkins now but the traditional orange pumpkins are a must.
4. Hiking. Great exercise and leaf peeping. Plus having a picnic lunch and watching the squirrels forage for nuts is an added bonus.
5. Baking. Pies, breads, muffins. Oh, My.
6. Homemade soup. There’s nothing as comforting as a bowl of homemade soup made in my favorite Le Creuset pot.
7. Everything pumpkin spice. But I don’t indulge until October. September is way too early for pumpkin spice.
8. Wrapping up in a throw. Can it get any more cozier?
9. Candles. Adding the warm glow of candle flickering and the fragrance of fall filling the house is what this season is all about.
10. A good book. Longer nights are perfect for reading a good book. I love something spooky and quirky in October.
There are more things I love about fall but I’ll stop here, after all we have weeks and weeks left of the season. While we wait for me to post some of my other faves, I’d like to know what you love about the season. Go on, post one of your favorite things about fall. 🙂