Add a little festive to your next breakfast. Begin with a basic pancake recipe, pour in some eggnog and call it a holiday! For some more fun, kick up your syrup with some fresh cranberries. Boy, if Santa knew this was on the menu for Christmas breakfast he wouldn’t be returning to the North Pole so quickly.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix the eggnog, eggs, and sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is evenly moistened. (Note, the batter will not be smooth and that's okay).
- While the batter rests, heat a griddle over medium heat. Butter pan and then when the pan is heated, four the batter onto the cooking surface. Use the spoon to gently spread the thick batter.
- Flip the pancakes when they're covered in bubbles and the underside is nicely browned. Cook the other side for about half as long. Serve immediately with syrup.
Pancake yield: It depends how big you make them.